CSM Supporting Applications
Most supporting applications can be accessed from the Cherwell Service Management installation directory. Exceptions include supporting web applications, which are accessed using a web browser.
The CSM suite includes the following supporting applications:
- Dashboard Viewer: The Dashboard Viewer is a stand-alone tool that displays a single CSM dashboard or cycles through a group of dashboards (called a Slideshow) without consuming a license.
- Report Runner: The Report Runner is a stand-alone tool that allows users to create and run reports using CSM data without consuming a license.
- Auto-Deploy: Auto-Deploy is an installation tool that allows system administrators to automatically distribute preconfigured client installations and connections to client machines. Auto-Deploy is configured using the stand-alone Auto-Deploy Configuration Utility and is deployed using the Auto-Deploy web page.
- Server Manager: The Server Manager is a stand-alone tool that allows on-premise system administrators to efficiently monitor, manage (start, stop, or restart), and configure (database connections, login authentication, logging, etc.) the CSM services, and restart some managed CSM Web Applications.
- System Restore: The System Restore tool is a stand-alone database tool that allows a system administrator to import the CSM database for the first time or reload the CSM database from an archive file (.czar file).
- System Upgrade: The System Upgrade tool is a stand-alone database tool that allows a system administrator to upgrade a CSM database to a new version.
- Test LDAP Tool: Test LDAP is a stand-alone diagnostics tool that allows system administrators to test their LDAP settings.
- Outlook® Add-In: The CSM Outlook® Add-In is a CSM client that enables you to interact with CSM Business Object records directly from within Microsoft® Outlook®.