When working with Grids, Users can perform a number of tasks, including printing, exporting, filtering, grouping, and modifying settings.
Some changes (group, size, move/reorder, and add/remove column) are persistent.
View a Grid
A Grid can be viewed several ways:
- Search Results: List of records located through a Quick Search or Search Group.
- Search Results List Widget: List of results on a Dashboard.
- Form Arrangement: List of related records on a tab.
- Contact Manager: List of Customer Records.
- CMDB interface: List of Configuration Item records.
- Table Management interface: List of Lookup values.
- CSM Item Managers: List of CSM Items (example: List of Dashboards in the Dashboard Manager).
- Creating/editing a Business Object Grid (in CSM Administrator).
Run an Action from a Grid
Run a defined Business Object Action directly from a Business Object Grid (record Grid) to quickly initiate common operations. Actions are defined as part of a Business Object's definition. For information about Grids in the Browser Client and Portal, see Browser Client Grid Functions.
To run an Action from a Grid in the Desktop Client, select a row (record), right-click the record, and select Actions > Select an Action. Note that the Actions menu is disabled when more than one row is selected in a Search Results Grid.
Sort a Grid
Sort a Grid in alphabetical or numerical order, in ascending (1-10 or A-Z) or descending order (10-1 or Z-A), using the Sort icons in the Grid's header. Also, sort a Grid by multiple columns (example: Sort by Status, then sort each Status by Created Date Time).
A Grid's default sort order is defined in the Grid's definition (in CSM Administrator). A sorting arrow () appears in the Grid header when the Grid is first shown to indicate which column is the default sorting column.
Grid sorting does not persist in Search and Dashboard Grids or in CSM Web Applications.
To sort a Grid, select the column header to sort, and then select either the up or down arrows.
To sort multiple columns:
- Desktop Client: Press and hold the Shift key after selecting the first sort column. The columns are sorted in the same order they are selected (example: select the Status column, then hold the Shift key while selecting the Created Date Time column).
- Browser Client: Select Multi-column sort in the toolbar. The columns are sorted in the same order they are selected (example: select the Status column, then select the Created Date Time column). To revert to single column sort, select Multi-column sort again.
Size a Grid Column
Size a Grid column to a specific width to set how much data is viewable.
To size a Grid column:
- In a Grid, hover over the column header to resize until the sizing handles appear.
- select the sizing handles, then drag the column to the desired width.
Move (Reorder) a Grid Column
Rearrange a Grid by moving (reordering) a Grid column to a different location in a Grid.
To move a Grid column, drag-and-drop the column header to a new location in the Grid.
Add/Remove Grid Columns
Business Object Grids are created and managed by a system administrator in CSM Administrator. However, add and remove columns (Fields) from an instance of the Grid to show only important Fields (example: Add the Owned By field to the Incident grid to view record owners). If configured, Fields can be added from other Business Objects in a Relationship with the Grid (example: Add the Problem ID Field to view Problems related to the Incident).
To add/remove a Grid column in the Desktop Client:
- In a Grid, right-click the Grid header, and select Customize Columns.
The menu expands to show which Fields are currently selected to display on the Grid (displayed Fields have a check mark). An alphabetical list of uncategorized Fields from the original Grid definition are also listed (the list is limited).
- Select the Field you want to add to/remove from the Grid. There are three options:
- Select an unselected Field to add it to the Grid.
- Select a selected Field to remove it from the Grid.
- Select More to access additional Fields, including related Fields.
The Column Customization window opens to select one or more available Fields from the Business Object to add to the Grid. Currently, selected Fields are already listed in the Selected Fields box (right column). Available Fields are listed in the Fields box (left column). Available Fields are organized by category; uncategorized Fields are listed at the top and are likely listed in the menu.
- Select the Fields (columns) to add to the Grid by moving them to the Selected Fields box.
Select the Reset button to reset the Grid to its current definition (how it looked when the window opened) or its System Grid definition (how it looked when the system administrator defined it).