Create/Edit a Business Object
Use the Business Object operations within the Object Manager to create a Business Object. In the Object tree, click New Object.
In the tasks list, select one of the following operations:
- New Business Object
Opens the Business Object Properties window, and then define basic properties for a new CSM Business Object.
- New External Business Object
Opens the External Data Wizard, and then establish a connection to an external database and create a new external Business Object for sharing data with the external database.
- New Directory Service-mapped Business Object (only available if the directory service is configured):
Opens the User Mapping Wizard to establish a directory service connection and create a CSM Business Object that is mapped to a directory service Object.
Good to know:
- You can add a new Group Member to a Group Object by clicking a Group Leader in the Object tree, and then clicking the New Group Member task in the Structure area.
- When you select an operation that creates a new Business Object, the basic properties of the new object are based on the currently selected object type. For example, if Major is selected as the object type, the new Business Object starts as a Major Object; however, this can be changed when you edit the object's properties.
Creating a Business Object
To create a CSM Business Object:
- Open the Object Manager.
- Select a Business Object View, either:
- Select an Object type (Major, Supporting, or Lookup).
Selecting an Object type filters the list of Objects in the Object Manager, and also automatically selects this type on the General page of the Business Object Properties window when creating a new Object. Select (or change) the Object type when defining general properties for the Business Object.
- Click (New Object) in the Object tree, and then click the New Business Object task from the Structure area.
- Define basic Business Object properties:
- Define additional Business Object properties:
- Define lifecycle properties.
- Define search results properties.
- Define Attachment options.
- Define database options.
- Define history options.
- Define record locking settings when record locking is enabled for your system.
- Define Localization options for Lookup Objects when Globalization is enabled for your system.
- Define advanced properties.
- Create Fields.
- Create Relationships for the Business Object.
- Define Business Object Actions.
- Add Approval support to the Business Object.
- Define mapping options for sharing data with external databases:
- Create Forms for the Business Object (including Summary Forms, Mini-Summary Forms, Mobile Forms (if applicable), and Portal View Forms (View Only and Edit Existing)).
- Define Grids for the Business Object.
- (Major Objects only) Define a Form Arrangement for the Business Object.
- Publish the Blueprint (File>Publish Blueprint) to commit the changes, or save the Blueprint (File>Save Blueprint) to continue making other changes.
Editing a Business Object
To edit a Business Object: