Add Event Notification
You can create an event notification permission rule that shows a customized message to a user who attempts to access an unauthorized device through a client computer.
Event notification rules can be created at the following levels in the Device Explorer hierarchical structure:
- Default settings root node
- Default settings device class node
- Specific device node
- Device group node
- Machine-specific settings computer node
- In the Management Console select View > Modules > Device Explorer.
- In the Default settings or Machine-specific settings division of the Device Explorer hierarchical structure, right-click a device class.
- Select Add Event Notification from the right-mouse menu.
- Click Add.
The Select Group, User, Local Group, Local User dialog opens.
- Click Search or Browse to select a user or user group.
- Select the user or user group and click OK.
- Click Next.
The Choose Event Notification settings dialog opens.
- From the Choose an Event Notification setting panel, select one of the following options:
- From the Priority drop-down list, select one of the following options:
- Medium High
- In the Message field, type a message the user receives when notified of an event.
- Click Next.
- From the Finish dialog, click Finish.
The event notification rule permission details are shown in the Details, Priority, and Permissions columns of the Device Explorer hierarchical structure.
Do not Notify
No message is sent when a user attempts to access an unauthorized device.
A message is sent to the user when attempting to access an unauthorized device.
- Permissions Dialog
- Default Settings Permissions Priority
- File Filters
- BitLocker Encrypted Devices
- Working with Custom File Types
- File Type Filtering and Data Loss Prevention Combination Matrix
- Assigning Permission to a BitLocker Encrypted Device
- Assign Permissions by Devices
- Assign Permission by Computers
- Manage Online Permission
- Manage Offline Permissions
- Assign Scheduled Permissions to Users
- Assign Temporary Permissions to Users
- Add Shadowing
- Manage Shadowing
- Add Copy Limit
- Remove Copy Limit
- Manage Event Notification
- Creating a Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Filter
- Assigning a Data Loss Prevention Filter to a Specific User or Group