Assigning Permission to a BitLocker Encrypted Device
You can authorize the use of a device encrypted with BitLocker Drive Encryption from the Permissions dialog.
BitLocker is a data protection feature that provides security by encrypting all data stored on a Windows operating system volume.
- In the Management Console, select View > Modules > Device Explorer.
- In the Default settings or Machine-specific settings division of the Device Explorer hierarchical structure, right-click a Removeable Storage Devices node.
- Select Add/Modify Permissions from the right-mouse menu.
The Permissions dialog opens.
- Click Add.
The Select Group, User, Local Group, Local User dialog opens.
- Click Search or Browse.
- Select a user or user group, then click OK.
- In the Permissions dialog, select the user or user group to assign user access permission rules.
- In the Encryption section, select BitLocker Encryption.
- In the Permissions section, select Read and/or Write.
- Click OK.
The BitLocker encrypted device is authorized for use for the selected users or user groups. The Removeable Storage Device status on the endpoint will display as BitLocker Encrypted.
- Permissions Dialog
- Default Settings Permissions Priority
- File Filters
- BitLocker Encrypted Devices
- Working with Custom File Types
- File Type Filtering and Data Loss Prevention Combination Matrix
- Assign Permissions by Devices
- Assign Permission by Computers
- Manage Online Permission
- Manage Offline Permissions
- Assign Scheduled Permissions to Users
- Assign Temporary Permissions to Users
- Add Shadowing
- Manage Shadowing
- Add Copy Limit
- Remove Copy Limit
- Add Event Notification
- Manage Event Notification
- Creating a Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Filter
- Assigning a Data Loss Prevention Filter to a Specific User or Group