Assign Scheduled Permissions to Users
You can schedule user access permissions rules to limit the use of devices to hourly and daily periods of the week.
You can assign global or computer-specific scheduled device permissions for users and user groups.
- In the Management Console, select View > Modules > Device Explorer.
- In the Default settings division of the Device Explorer hierarchical structure, right-click a device or device class.
- Select Add Schedule from the right-mouse menu.
The Choose User on Default Settings dialog opens, per selected device.
- Click Add.
The Select Group, User, Local Group, Local User dialog opens.
- Click Search or Browse to select a user or user group.
- Select a user or user group and click OK.
The Choose User on Default Settings (per selected device) dialog opens.
- Select the user or user group and click Next.
- Select from the listed user access options.
Restriction: Only user access options for the device class selected are shown.
- Click Next.
The Choose Timeframe dialog opens.
- Specify hourly time ranges using the To and From field drop-down lists.
- Select one or more weekdays from the Weekdays panel.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
The scheduled permission access rule appears in the Details column of the Device Explorer window.
- Permissions Dialog
- Default Settings Permissions Priority
- File Filters
- BitLocker Encrypted Devices
- Working with Custom File Types
- File Type Filtering and Data Loss Prevention Combination Matrix
- Assigning Permission to a BitLocker Encrypted Device
- Assign Permissions by Devices
- Assign Permission by Computers
- Manage Online Permission
- Manage Offline Permissions
- Assign Temporary Permissions to Users
- Add Shadowing
- Manage Shadowing
- Add Copy Limit
- Remove Copy Limit
- Add Event Notification
- Manage Event Notification
- Creating a Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Filter
- Assigning a Data Loss Prevention Filter to a Specific User or Group