Assign Permission by Computers
You can assign computer-specific permission rules for users to access devices and device classes.
Permission rules can be assigned in the Device Explorer to the:
- Group settings node for a computer group shown in the Machine-specific settings hierarchy.
- Computer that is a member of an existing domain or workgroup shown in the Machine-specific settings hierarchy.
- In the Management Console select View > Modules > Device Explorer.
- Select a computer or computer group from the Machine-specific settings division of the Device Explorer hierarchical structure.
A list of device classes and devices is shown in the Device Explorer hierarchical structure.
- Select Add/Modify Permissions from the right-mouse menu.
The Permissions dialog opens.
- Click Add.
The Select Group, User, Local Group, Local User dialog opens.
- Click Search or Browse.
- Select a user or user group.
- In the Permissions dialog, select the user or user group to assign user access permission rules.
- Select the permission options.
- Click OK.
The Permissions, Priority, and Filters you assign to the device or device class are shown in the Device Explorer hierarchical structure.
Important: Only the permissions options available for the device or device class selected are shown.
- Permissions Dialog
- Default Settings Permissions Priority
- File Filters
- BitLocker Encrypted Devices
- Working with Custom File Types
- File Type Filtering and Data Loss Prevention Combination Matrix
- Assigning Permission to a BitLocker Encrypted Device
- Assign Permissions by Devices
- Manage Online Permission
- Manage Offline Permissions
- Assign Scheduled Permissions to Users
- Assign Temporary Permissions to Users
- Add Shadowing
- Manage Shadowing
- Add Copy Limit
- Remove Copy Limit
- Add Event Notification
- Manage Event Notification
- Creating a Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Filter
- Assigning a Data Loss Prevention Filter to a Specific User or Group