Manage Offline Permissions
You can define offline user access permission rules that govern wireless device use when the client is disconnected from the Application Server.
An offline state exists when a device is attached to a client computer that is not under the control of your network server, or is not connected to the Application Server. Occasionally, a user may need to modify a device permissions when the user is not connected to the network and needs to access a file stored on a removable storage device.
- In the Management Console, select View > Modules > Device Explorer.
- In the Default settings division of the Device Explorer hierarchical structure, right-click a device or device class.
- Select Offline Permissions from the right-mouse menu.
- Click Add.
The Select Group, User, Local Group, Local User dialog opens.
- Click Search or Browse to select a user or user group.
- Select the user or user group and click Next.
- Select from the listed user access options.
Restriction: Only user access options for the device class selected are shown.
- Click OK.
The non-network connected user group permission rules are shown in the Details column of the Device Explorer hierarchical structure.
- Permissions Dialog
- Default Settings Permissions Priority
- File Filters
- BitLocker Encrypted Devices
- Working with Custom File Types
- File Type Filtering and Data Loss Prevention Combination Matrix
- Assigning Permission to a BitLocker Encrypted Device
- Assign Permissions by Devices
- Assign Permission by Computers
- Manage Online Permission
- Assign Scheduled Permissions to Users
- Assign Temporary Permissions to Users
- Add Shadowing
- Manage Shadowing
- Add Copy Limit
- Remove Copy Limit
- Add Event Notification
- Manage Event Notification
- Creating a Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Filter
- Assigning a Data Loss Prevention Filter to a Specific User or Group