Assigning a Data Loss Prevention Filter to a Specific User or Group
You can assign a data loss prevention filer to a specific user or group through a device’s Permission dialog.
- The Windows Search Service must be configured for the PDF and MS Office files types you want to search within.
- You have Creating a Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Filter
- In the Modules section, select Device Explorer.
- Right-click a device type and select Add/Modify Permissions.
- Select an existing or define a new permissions.
- Click DLP.
The Data Loss Prevention dialog opens.
- Choose the files to associate with the permission.
- Click OK.
The Data Loss Prevention filter is assigned to the selected user or group. Each time a file containing the filter string is accessed a WRITE-DENIED event is created.
- Permissions Dialog
- Default Settings Permissions Priority
- File Filters
- BitLocker Encrypted Devices
- Working with Custom File Types
- File Type Filtering and Data Loss Prevention Combination Matrix
- Assigning Permission to a BitLocker Encrypted Device
- Assign Permissions by Devices
- Assign Permission by Computers
- Manage Online Permission
- Manage Offline Permissions
- Assign Scheduled Permissions to Users
- Assign Temporary Permissions to Users
- Add Shadowing
- Manage Shadowing
- Add Copy Limit
- Remove Copy Limit
- Add Event Notification
- Manage Event Notification
- Creating a Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Filter